Saturday, October 3, 2009

New room



It's time for yet another room transformation, but not nearly as dramatic as last time: this one involves only one room of the house being covered in dust.

The former office was more-or-less transformed into a functioning guest room for the house-swappers. This mainly involved moving some furniture and making some new curtains (which I stopped liking before I finished making them). Since then, we stayed in this house in Australia that was green and purple, and I fell in love with the color scheme. (Now I just need to find the right fabric for curtains.)

Last night I did some spackling of the area that used to be covered by these random strips of faux-wood about a foot below the ceiling. Hideous. Today I sanded the spackling. Have you ever sanded after spackling? The dust is incredible. I was covered in it. The room is still covered in it, after I wiped the walls and the floor with wet rags. I will have to do so again tomorrow. But then the fun begins! Gotta buy that paint this week...

1 comment:

Linda said...

What is the covered part to the right in the photo? Desk area? Did you build that section?

Also, please tell me you are going to get a cute light switch cover and get rid of the one that is there? I know the picture was to show the dust, but I can't picture that cover working in your soon-to-be-fabulous purple room.