Friday, February 20, 2009

Exile

I sent this email to a few people around 2 p.m.:

I tried to blog this from a restaurant with a big outdoor toy play area, but I can't write blog entries on my g phone, ironically. We're here because the house is basically uninhabitable because of dust. The demolition should be done this afternoon, but then the whole house will need to be scrubbed. This afternoon we'll probably hide out at our neighbors', since they're out of town. Who knows, we might just decide to sleep over there and tackle the cleanup tomorrow.


When I was home after school, around noon, the house looked like there had been a volcano eruption. That's when I hurried the boys back out the door and we rode to Main Street Coffee, which has the awesome toy area and no soda fountain. The boys chowed and played and we were there for about two hours. Then we went to the library and hung out for about an hour, then went home. James had had his cleaning service come through and things were back to being in a livable condition. There's still a lot of dust in some parts of the house, but that's to be expected.

We did cook dinner tonight at our friends' house; we have their keys and I knew they'd be out of town, so I called just after experiencing the dust storm and my friend, blissful on a ski lift, said, "no problem!"

The demolition is done.




Next up: the floor install starts next week.

1 comment:

Regan said...

That sounds like the dust explosion we had when the new stairs were going in. We hid on our second floor until our cleaners could come.