Monday, March 9, 2009

Good thing we like our microwave

Remember how I said we weren't going to eat out every day during the kitchen remodel? Um, yeah.

But it's been two-and-a-half-weeks now, and leftovers are getting old, literally and figuratively. I have a list, and today or tomorrow I'm going to the store to buy actual food for an actual recipe: pork and vegetable stew, in the slow-cooker. I'm making it Wednesday, partly because there were still some spots on the sign-up sheet for bringing meals to one of our preschool moms who just had a baby. I guess that was the kick in the pants I needed...

Not much visible progress on the kitchen in the last week or so, but James has been here every day spackling or priming or something. He just put a coat of paint on the ceiling, so that's done. The floor is done, too. He says he's going to move all the cabinets into the kitchen today, and get started on installation. He has to finish the cabinets by Thursday, because that's when the countertop installation starts.

No comments: